BEST HYBRID CAR MODELS Here is a list of the best hybrid cars in India. Check out these top-ranked hybrid cars prices, specifications, features, variants, and more. 1 . TOYOTA CAMRY 43.45 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos Toyota Camry is a sensible choice for anyone looking for a premium sedan. Apart from that, the Japanese hybrid sedan offers one of the best rear seat experiences. Powering the Toyota Camry is a hybrid powertrain consisting of a 175.6 bhp 2.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine and a 118 bhp electric motor, combined, this powertrain pushed out 215 bhp and 221 Nm of torque. View all Variants 2 . LEXUS NX 64.90 – 71.60 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The Lexus NX 300h is a premium five-seater SUV that comes with a highly sophisticated hybrid powertrain. Powering the Lexus NX 300h is a tried-and-tested 2.5-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine with 152 bhp.
Assisting this petrol powertrain is a set of electric motors placed at each axle. These electric motors together produce an output of 207 bhp and 409 Nm of torque. Combined, the Lexus NX 300h pumps out 194 bhp and 210 Nm of torque. View all Variants 3 . VOLVO XC90 93.87 – 96.65 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The Volvo XC90 Hybrid is the flagship offering of the Scandanavian brand, Volvo. It is also one of the safest SUVs in the world and comes with a whole host of active driver assistance systems. Powering the Volvo XC90 is a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine and electric motor. This hybrid powertrain puts out a combined power output of 402 bhp and 640 Nm of torque. Apart from this powertrain, the XC90 also comes with a mild-hybrid variant with 300 bhp and 420 Nm of torque. View all Variants 4 . LEXUS ES 59.50 – 65.60 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The Lexus ES 300h is a stylish and more environment-conscious alternative to the current crop of German mid-size luxury sedans.
The Lexus ES 300h is powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine with 175 bhp and this unit is further assisted by a single 118 bhp electric motor. Combined, this unit produces a total of 215 bhp and 221 Nm of torque. View all Variants 5 . MARUTI SUZUKI ERTIGA 8.35 – 12.79 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is one of the best MPVs for a family in the market. The 7-seater MPV from the Japanese manufacturer offers hatchback-like fuel economy and sedan-like driving comfort. Powering the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a mild-hybrid 1.5-litre 4-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol engine. This engine produces 103. 25 bhp and 138 Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual gearbox and a 4-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga also comes with useful safety features such as dual airbags, ABS with EBD, Hill Hold Control, and Electronic Stability Program (ESP). View all Variants 6 . MARUTI SUZUKI BALENO 6.42 – 9.60 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The new Maruti Suzuki Baleno also come with a mild-hybrid powertrain. This 1.2-litre powertrain pumps out 88.5 bhp and 113 Nm of torque. However, this engine could only be had with a 5-speed manual transmission. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno also comes packed with features such as LED projector headlamps, Steering mounted audio and telephone controls, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a 7-inch infotainment unit with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, Cruise Control, Electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs and many more. Safety features include dual airbags, ABS, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Hill-Hold Assist and many more. View all Variants 7 . BMW 7 SERIES 1.42 – 1.76 Crores Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The 7-series is the flagship sedan of the Munich-based automobile giant, BMW. BMW is known for its driver-focused approach to its cars and the hybrid version of this luxury barge is also no different. The BMW 745Le is powered by a 3.-0litre petrol unit with 281 bhp. Apart from that, the BMW 745Le is an all-wheel-drive sedan, thanks to its 112 bhp electric motor powering the front axles.
This means the German sedan puts out an impressive 383 bhp on the road on top of class-leading fuel efficiency figures. View all Variants 8 . MG HECTOR PLUS 14.65 – 20.94 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The MG Hector Plus is the 7-seater variant of the MG Hector. Being based on the MG Hector, the MG Hector Plus is one of the most well-equipped SUVs in its segment with numerous standard features across the trim levels. The MG Hector Plus mild-hybrid variant is powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 141.04 bhp and 250 Nm of torque. This engine uses Belt Starter Generator (BSG) for increased fuel efficiency, and like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the mild-hybrid variant of the unit can only be specified with a manual transmission (6-speed unit). However, the regular variant could be specified with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a CVT or even a DCT gearbox. View all Variants 9 . LEXUS RX 1.11 Crores Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The Lexus RX450h is a premium seven-seater hybrid SUV. The SUV delivers outstanding comfort and a long list of features. Don’t let the hybrid tag fool you as the Lexus RX 450h is a powerful SUV with 308 bhp and 335 Nm of torque. Apart from that, the 3.5-litre V6 engine alone produces 258.8 bhp. View all Variants 10 . LEXUS LS 1.91 – 2.22 Crores Ex-Showroom Price On-Road Price EMI photo_library Photos The Lexus 500h is a luxurious sedan with top-shelf features and luxuries. This vehicle definitely helps you stand out from the crowd.
The overall design grabs eyeballs wherever it goes and the interior is also equally alluring. The Lexus LS 500h is powered by a 3.5-litre V6 engine with 293 bhp, whereas the electric motor produces an additional 177 bhp for a combined output of 355 bhp. Apart from that, the hybrid powertrain allows the user to stretch every drop of fuel to the maximum. View all Variants Best Cars in India Highest Range Electric Cars Best Hatchbacks Best Sedans Best SUVs Best MPVs Best Luxury Cars Best Diesel Cars Best Petrol Cars Best Automatic Cars Best CNG Cars Best Diesel Hatchbacks Best Petrol Hatchbacks Best Diesel Sedans Best Petrol Sedans Best Diesel SUVs Best Petrol SUVs Best Diesel Automatic Cars Best Petrol Automatic Cars Best 1000cc Cars Best 1200cc Cars Best 1600cc Cars Best Pickup Trucks Best Cars For Women Best Cars For Men Best Cars For Family Best Cars For Teens Best Resale Value Cars Best Cars For Cab Best Hybrid Cars Best Cars For Long Drive Best Cars For Indian Roads Best Jeeps Best Cars For VIPs Best Low Maintenance Cars Best Sports Cars Best Super Cars Best Convertible Cars Best Compact SUVs Best Off-Road Cars Best Electric Cars Best Safe Cars BS6 Cars in India Best Mileage Cars in India Best Mileage Cars Best Mileage Cars 0-3 Lakhs Best Mileage Cars 4-6 Lakhs Best Mileage Cars 6-8 Lakhs Best Mileage Cars 8-10 Lakhs Best Mileage Cars 10-12 Lakhs Best Mileage Cars 15-20 Lakhs Best Mileage Petrol Cars Best Mileage Diesel Cars Sponsored LinksYou May Like Play Now In Your Browser Hero Wars Work A USA Job From Home in Nigeria Work From Home Jobs Become a More Efficient Writer With This App Grammarly Install Now Top 20 Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In the World TopGentlemen Forget About Expensive Solar Panel Roofs: Prices in 2022 Might Surprise You! Solar Panels Learn More Top 15 At-Home Exercises to Lose Weight and Build Muscle Lintmit.com by Taboola
Hybrid Cars in India
There are 6 Hybrid cars currently on sale from various manufacturers starting from 16.16 Lakh. The most popular models under this bracket are the Volvo XC90 (Rs. 93.90 Lakh – 1.31 Cr), BMW 7 Series (Rs. 1.42 – 1.76 Cr), Lexus NX (Rs. 64.90 – 71.60 Lakh) & top brands are Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata, Renault, Mahindra & Kia. To know more about the latest prices, upcoming Hybrid and offers of Hybrid cars in your city, Download CarDekho App & Get details on variants, specifications, pictures, mileage, reviews and more, please select your desired car model from the list below.
Top 5 Hybrid Cars
|MODEL||PRICE IN NEW DELHI|
|Volvo XC90||Rs. 93.90 Lakh – 1.31 Cr*|
|BMW 7 Series||Rs. 1.42 – 1.76 Cr*|
|Lexus NX||Rs. 64.90 – 71.60 Lakh*|
|Lexus LC 500h||Rs. 2.10 – 2.16 Cr*|
|Honda City Hybrid||Rs. 19.50 Lakh*|
- Clear all filters
Cheapest Hybrid Cars In India
Team AckodriveJun 6, 2022
Electric vehicles are known as the future of mobility. However, the efficient implementation of EV technology is still some years away. So, car manufacturers came up with hybrid technology to bridge the gap between electric cars and conventional vehicles. It uses a combination of an IC (Internal combustion) engine and electric motors. In this article, let’s take a look at some of the best hybrid cars in India.
Best Hybrid Cars In India 2021
Here’s the list of the best hybrid cars available in India.
|Model||Body type||Base fuel type||Hybrid type||Price (Ex-showroom Delhi)|
|Maruti Baleno||Hatchback||Petrol||Mild hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 7.75 lakhs to Rs. 8.38 lakhs|
|Toyota Glanza||Hatchback||Petrol||Mild hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 8.14 lakhs|
|MG Hector||SUV||Petrol||Mild hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 16.37 lakhs to Rs. 17.69 lakhs|
|Toyota Camry||Sedan||Petrol||Full hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 41.20 lakhs|
|Lexus ES||Sedan||Petrol||Full hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 56.55 lakhs to Rs. 61.75 lakhs|
|Lexus NX||SUV||Petrol||Full hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 58.20 lakhs to Rs. 63.63 lakhs|
|Toyota Vellfire||MPV||Petrol||Full hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 89.90 lakhs|
|Volvo XC90 Recharge||SUV||Petrol||Plug-in hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 96.65 lakhs to Rs. 1.31 crores|
|BMW 7 Series||Sedan||Petrol||Plug-in hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 1.69 crores|
|Lexus LC||Coupe||Petrol||Full hybrid (Petrol+Electric)||Rs. 2.09 crores|
Before diving deep into the technical specifications and features of hybrid cars, you need to understand the basic working principle of a hybrid vehicle. Below is a brief explanation of hybrid cars.
Best Hybrid Cars In India 2020
A hybrid car is an automobile that uses an IC engine and electric motors to propel the vehicle forward.
There are mainly three types of hybrid cars: mild hybrid, full hybrid and plug-in hybrid. Below are the details of all three types of hybrid vehicles.
- Mild hybrid: In a mild hybrid car, the electric motor assists the IC engine. Such hybrid vehicles are not capable of running on pure electric power.
- Full hybrid: A full hybrid car can run on pure electric power, conventional fuel (IC engine) or a combination of both engine and electric motor.
- Plug-in hybrid: As the name suggests, a plug-in hybrid car needs to be plugged into a power source to recharge the batteries that power the electric motors. This type of car can run on pure electric power.
Best Hybrid Cars In India Under 10 Lakhs
Below are the details of the hybrid cars available in India.
1. Maruti Baleno
Price: Rs. 7.75 lakhs to Rs. 8.38 lakhs
|Fuel efficiency||23.87 kmpl|
Highlights of Maruti Baleno
- Maruti Baleno is a mild hybrid (petrol+electric) vehicle.
- It gets a reliable 1.2-litre engine that is assisted by an electric motor.
- The hybrid variant is available only with a manual gearbox.
- It comes with all the essential safety features such as airbags, ABS, EBD, etc.
- Low maintenance costs and hassle-free ownership experience.
2. Toyota Glanza
Price: Rs. 8.14 lakhs
|Fuel efficiency||23.87 kmpl|
Highlights of Toyota Glanza
- Toyota Glanza is a mild hybrid (petrol+electric) hatchback car.
- It is a rebadged version of the Maruti Baleno premium hatchback.
- It gets the same 1.2-litre petrol engine developed by Maruti Suzuki.
- It comes equipped with all the necessary safety equipment such as dual airbags, ABS, EBD, high-speed warning, etc.
- Good fuel economy.
3. MG Hector
Price: Rs. 16.37 lakhs to Rs. 17.69 lakhs
|Fuel efficiency||14.44 kmpl|
Highlights of MG Hector
- MG Hector is a mild hybrid (petrol+electric) SUV with a 48V battery.
- It comes with additional features such as an engine idle start-stop system, regenerative braking, etc.
- The SUV draws power from a 1.5-litre petrol engine mated to a manual gearbox.
- It comes loaded with safety equipment such as 6 airbags, traction control, ESP, hill-hold assist, etc.
- The MG Hector also comes with advanced creature comfort features, including connected car tech.
4. Toyota Camry
Price: Rs. 41.20 lakhs
|Fuel efficiency||19.16 kmpl|
Highlights of Toyota Camry
- The Toyota Camry is a full hybrid premium full-size sedan.
- It gets a 245V self-charging hybrid (petrol+electric) system.
- It is capable of running on pure electric power at low speeds.
- The Camry comes equipped with a powerful 2.5-litre petrol engine mated to an automatic gearbox.
- You get three driving modes: Eco, Normal and Power.
- Loaded with advanced safety features such as 9 airbags, TPMS, VSC, traction control, ISOFIX child seat mounts, electronic parking brake etc.
- It features a premium interior with leather upholstery and many other features.
5. Lexus ES
Price: Rs. 56.55 lakhs to Rs. 61.75 lakhs
|Fuel efficiency||22.37 kmpl|
Highlights of Lexus ES
- The Lexus ES is a premium mid-size sedan.
- It gets a full hybrid (petrol+electric) self-charging system.
- It can run on either the IC engine, the electric motor at low speeds or a combination of both.
- It draws power from a 2.5-litre petrol engine paired with an automatic gearbox.
- It comes with top-of-the-line safety features such as 10 airbags, VSC, hill-hold assist, TPMS, ABS, EBD, ISOFIX child seat mounts, etc.
- It is loaded with premium features such as cruise control, paddle shifters, automatic climate control, etc.
- You also get three driving modes: Normal, Eco and Sport.
6. Lexus NX
Price: Rs. 58.20 lakhs to Rs. 63.63 lakhs
|Fuel efficiency||18.32 kmpl|
Highlights of Lexus NX
- The Lexus NX is a full hybrid (petrol+electric) SUV capable of running on pure electric power at low speeds.
- Get a powerful 2.5-litre petrol engine coupled with an automatic transmission.
- It comes loaded with many safety features such as 8 airbags, an anti-theft system, ABS, VSC, hill-hold assist, etc.
- Luxurious interior with premium features such as cruise control, wireless door lock, automatic dual-zone climate control, moonroof, etc.
- Features a striking exterior design with the signature spindle grille and LED headlights.
7. Toyota Vellfire
Price: Rs. 89.90 lakhs
|Fuel efficiency||16.35 kmpl|
Highlights of Toyota Vellfire
- The Vellfire is a premium MPV from the stable of Toyota.
- It gets a self-charging full hybrid (petrol+electric) system with two electric motors.
- It is capable of running on electric power at low speeds.
- It comes equipped with a 2.5-litre petrol engine.
- On the safety front, it gets 7 airbags, brake assist, TPMS, ABS, parking assist alert, VSC, hill-hold assist, etc.
- It features a luxurious interior with powered second-row captain seats, leather upholstery, 3-zone climate control, ambient lighting, etc.
- The Vellfire also comes with unique features such as power sliding doors.
8. Volvo XC90 Recharge
Price: Rs. 96.65 lakhs to Rs. 1.31 crores
|Fuel efficiency||40 kmpl|
Highlights of Volvo XC90
- The Volvo XC90 is a plug-in hybrid SUV.
- It gets a hybrid (petrol+electric) system with a rechargeable battery that helps the SUV to run on electric power.
- It draws power from a 2-litre supercharged petrol engine with a massive power output of 400 Bhp.
- Due to the plug-in hybrid system, the SUV delivers a whopping fuel efficiency of 40 kmpl.
- It comes equipped with safety features such as 8 airbags, ABS, EBD, park assist, lane departure warning, rear collision warning, blind-spot monitor, etc.
9. BMW 7 Series
Price: Rs. 1.69 crores
|Fuel efficiency||39.53 kmpl|
Highlights of BMW 7 Series
- BMW 7 Series is a premium luxury sedan with a plug-in hybrid (electric+petrol) system.
- The sedan is capable of running on electric power up to speeds of 140 km/h.
- The hybrid sedan comes equipped with a potent 3-litre petrol engine.
- It is loaded with safety features such as airbags, TPMS, electric parking brake, EBD, ABS, brake assist, traction control, hill-hold assist, etc.
- Premium interior with features such as 4-zone climate control, cruise control, leather seat upholstery, paddle shifters, etc.
10. Lexus LC
Price: Rs. 2.09 crores
|Fuel efficiency||12.3 kmpl|
Highlights of Lexus LC
- Lexus LC is a full hybrid (petrol+electric) coupe.
- It gets an EV driving mode that allows for a silent motor-only drive at low speeds.
- It comes equipped with a 3.5-litre petrol engine mated to a 10-speed automatic gearbox.
- The safety features of the coupe include 8 airbags, run-flat tyres, cornering lights, ABS, EBD, ESC, hill-hold assist, etc.
- Luxurious interior with Alcantara upholstery, adjustable power seats, heated front seats, etc.